Banpu CG Practices
With determination to achieve compliance with the Policy and Practices on Corporate Governance and the Code of Conduct, in 2020, the Company set out action plans to promote corporate culture and corporate governance attitude. The plans aim at educating and raising awareness and encouraging compliance among employees at all levels about the CG Policy and the Code of Conduct through a wide range of activities as follows:
1. The Company regularly organized an orientation session on the principles of good corporate governance and the Code of Conduct for new employees in every country.
2. The “Awake Your CG” was organized as a means of internal communication, featuring case studies from news about violations of the CG and Anti-Corruption Policies and their impacts. The communication channels are through the PA system every Friday morning in the news talk program and via email to educate employees about corporate governance principles and to prevent them from violating the CG Policy and the Code of Conduct.
3. The Company published articles on corporate governance trends and directions in Thailand and ASEAN countries in the “Corporate Governance Update” column in a quarterly Banpu e-Bulletin, a digital communication channel, distributed to Banpu’s subsidiaries in all host countries. The articles published under this column aim to create an understanding as well as awareness of corporate governance among employees. The topics presented in the past year were:
- ESG: Environment, Social and Governance
- ESG in COVID Action Plan from Thailand Responsible Business Network (TRBN)
- CG Report 2020
4. The “CG Day” activity was organized to raise awareness among employees at all levels about the importance of the Code of Conduct and commitment to integrity. In the 2020 event, the CG division held a sharing session, “Awake Your CG” by Mr. Chanit Suwanparin, SVP - Electric Vehicle of Banpu NEXT, who shared his work experience to raise employees’ awareness of corporate governance and make them realize the importance of good corporate governance and anti-corruption.
In 2019, there were corporate culture and corporate governance promotion activities organized by the Company’s Company Governance (CG) division as follows:
1. Organized orientation sessions on the principles of good corporate governance for new employees throughout the year
2. Internally communicated through e-mails subjected “CG: Switch It On”, aiming to communicate about corporate governance best practices and inculcate directors, excutives and staff with an awareness to comply with the Code of Conduct with the belief that anyone can be a role model in corporate governance.
3. Held a “CG Switch It On - Launch New CG Policy and Code of Conduct” event, aiming to communicate to employees new CG policy and Code of Conduct 2018 which the Company’s Board of Directors approved the revision of the essence of CG policy and Code of Conduct to be in line with The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Corporate Governance Code for Listed Companies in 2017.
4. Published articles on corporate governance trends and directions of Thailand and ASEAN countries in the column "Banpu CG" in Banpu e-Bulletin - a quarterly internal e-newsletter distributed to Banpu's subsidiaries in every country where it has business operations. It aims to create understanding and raise awareness among employees about the importance of the corporate governance. The topics presented were:
- New CG Policy and Code of Conduct 2018
- CG Rolls Out 3 New Formats of PR Materials for the Updated CG Policy and Code of Conduct
- Corporate Governance Report of Thai Listed Companies 2019
5. Organized “CG Day” under the theme “CG Switch It On” - an activity to raise awareness among employees about the importance of the Code of Conduct and commitment to integrity. One of the highlight activities was “You Wonder, We Answer” which gave an opportunity to employees to ask questions about practice guidelines of the Company’s CG policy and Code of Conduct provided with the answers from all related departments in order to encourage employees to behave according to the same standard.